Sunday, June 19, 2011

To All the Men I've Loved Before

Do I make you uncomfortable?  I'm sorry.  Do you trust me less because I adore you despite your flaws?  I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  I hate not knowing, please tell me. It drives me crazy.  Surrendering all this power has made me doubt my judgement but when I think about you all the time, what else can I do?  Why can't I be your sidekick, it's all I want.

These swirling thoughts would drive the sanest person to distraction but this is the way I've always been with men.  Lots of time it has gotten to the point where I wish I had never met that person because the pain is greater than the joy I once felt.  What is the longing and how do you make it go away?  Always wanting more than it can ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment